Promoting the benefits of wind energy in communities across Texas and Oklahoma and building congressional support for our priorities.
AWEA is organizing a targeted, two-day lobbying event in Washington, DC, on Wednesday, October 11 and Thursday, October 12, to promote the benefits of wind energy in communities across Texas and Oklahoma and build support on Capitol Hill for our current and future priorities.
Participants in the event will engage with federal representatives from Texas and Oklahoma -- the two states where we have both a great story to tell and current and emerging barriers to continued development.
THE EVENT WILL INCLUDE
- Issue and advocacy training for industry participants;
- Hill visits with targeted Texas and Oklahoma federal representatives and staff;
- A networking social.
Please help us also identify partners within your supply chain that we can reach out to and ensure we have representation from all players in the local wind story, including:
- Landowners leasing land for wind projects;
- County officials involved in the project siting process;
- Local representatives that have realizing tax revenues and other payments from wind project development;
- Wind technicians that were trained at community colleges and other programs or working to install or operate and maintain wind generator;
- Veterans now working in the industry; and,
- Members of the wind development and local community that have worked together with local military installations to successfully site wind projects while sustaining military base readiness.