Local business owners and employees are the best messengers to deliver the facts about renewable energy to the public, and are critical to getting the attention, and shaping the views and actions, of decision-makers. Diverse communications vehicles, ranging from conventional and social media, to one-on-one meetings, to factory tours, are all vitally important. This training will help equip you and your staff with the skillset necessary to become an effective advocate for your business and the broader industry.
Benefits of attending:
• Professional training. Learn to speak to media and elected officials about your business and helpful public policy. These skills are transferrable for many other purposes.
• Networking. Meet others in the renewables industry in your state.
• Learning more about the progress of renewable energy in Texas. The training will provide current talking points and industry-wide statistics that will help you effectively advocate for your business to help expand clean energy in Texas.
This advocacy training will include interactive exercises to hone your public engagement, with specific training on lobbying and media interaction to help:
• Have productive meetings with elected officials or policy makers
• Frame your message
• Perfect sound bites for press
• Learn what is news and what isn't
• Use social media effectively